By: Ashton McKinnon
Q: What is UGAKey.com?
A: UGAKey.com is the university’s course review book that gives students the opportunity to view grade distributions for undergraduate courses. In 1999, it began as a project of the Student Government Association.
Q: What can I find on UGAKey.com?
A: UGAKey.com now contains grade data from classes from Fall 1999 to Spring 2009 and contains syllabi for most classes. It accurately outlines and updates statistical information for each class by professor. UGAKey.com provides the course number, the professor, the average GPA, percentage of each letter grade, the number of students in the class, the syllabus and a basic course description.
Q: How do I know UGAKey.com is reliable and accurate?
A: UGAKey.com accepts grade date from the University of Georgia Office of Institutional Research. The site is maintained by students and is based on information preserved by the Student Government Association and the university.
Q: Do students actually use UGAKey.com?
A: Ali Noeltner, a freshman from Atlanta, majoring in pre-business finds UGAKey.com a useful source in registering for classes.
“I found out about it at orientation. I use it because I like to find teachers with good grades,” Noeltner said. “I look especially at GPA ratings.”
Q: What if I’m a student but I take class at another university?
A: There is another option! Ratemyprofessor.com is a way for students all over the country to find information about potential teachers.
Q: What is Ratemyprofessors.com?
A: Ratemyprofessor.com is the Internet’s largest listing of collegiate professor ratings, with more than 6.8 million student-generated ratings of over 1 million professors.
Q: What criteria does Ratemyprofessors.com use?
A: Ratemyprofessor.com rates professors on a five-point scale using four attributes: helpfulness, clarity, easiness and popularity. For each section, a user picks a number between one and five, one being the worst and five being the best. The numbers are then averaged to provide a quality score.
Q: Do students actually use Ratemyprofessors.com?
A: John Champagne, a senior economics major from Atlanta said, “The UGAKey.com is good for statistics, but I like to check out Rate My Professor and see what other students think about the class. I can usually tell if a teacher is someone I will be able to respect and learn from based on what other students say about them.”
Edited by: Katie Lazzara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This works pretty well. It's a quick way to get familiar with both sites. Your quotes from students are interesting, but they don't fully answer your questions. You could get page view numbers or other statistics from the site managers, and then we'd have a better idea of how many students use the sites.
ReplyDelete